Parents & Guardians Responsibilities
Created by: Kaylee Rock
Modified on: Mon, 17 May, 2021 at 10:58 AM
- Parents/Guardians/Daycare providers are responsible for the safety and conduct of their child prior to the arrival of the school bus at the child’s designated bus stop.
- Have students at the bus stop 10 minutes prior to expected bus arrival time.
- It is important for students to be at their stops before the bus arrives, so that they will not cause the other students to be late.
- Also, when a school bus is stopped for any length of time, the wait causes an unsafe traffic buildup in front of and behind the bus.
- Discuss student responsibilities with your child.
- Encourage your children to obey all traffic rules, signs, and signals.
- If appropriate and comfortable, discuss any medical issues regarding your child (i.e. EpiPen use, etc.) with the driver.
- Never ‘chase’ the bus either on foot or by car.
- Do not board the bus for any reason.
- Never pass a bus when the red stop sign is visible and/or the yellow flashing lights are on.
- Before your child boards the bus, please ensure their personal belongings are labeled with their first and last name. This helps ensure any lost belongings get back to you
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.