Bus Driver Responsibilities
Created by: Kaylee Rock
Modified on: Mon, 17 May, 2021 at 10:59 AM
- At all times provide for the safety and welfare of the students assigned to his/her bus.
- Provide a clean, sanitary, and safe bus for student transportation.
- Obey traffic laws and driving regulations.
- Follow the school bus schedule as rigidly as conditions will permit.
- Be in control of the bus and passengers at all times.
- Shall not permit unauthorized persons, including their own student, to ride the bus.
- Set a good example of conduct, language, cleanliness, and dress for the students.
- Shall not smoke on the bus or on school property at any time.
- Conduct emergency evacuation drills as directed.
- Enforce the regulations of the Board and administration.
- Report all infractions involving school bus discipline to the bus contractor and school administrator via a “Bus Incident Report”.
- Report all detectable bus maintenance problems to the bus contractor’s office.
- Do not talk on the phone or text while driving.
- Report any of the following to the Bus Contractor’s Office:
- Any accidents in which the bus is involved.
- Any complaints from the public not associated with the conduct of students.
- Any possible hazards encountered.
- Any causes for failure to operate on schedule.
- Any recommendations concerning road conditions, routes, or schedules.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.